Thursday 22 August 2013


Exciting times for Cheshire photographer Joanne Humphreys

My work as a wedding, event and portrait photographer has kept me busy over the last few months, with clients across Cheshire and Staffordshire.

Much of Joanne Humphreys Photography’s recent work has been portrait photography, and I’ve had great feedback from my customers.

I’ve used my mobile studio for a variety of shoots, including an assignment where I photographed three children who are all members of the same family.

When photographing children there are a few tips I’ve picked up. The most important being that the photography shoot shouldn’t last longer than 20 minutes, because after that point the children can become bored and easily distracted.

I’ve learned that when taking portraits of children, the best pictures are captured at the start of a session. It’s also wise to have a parent close by to attract the child’s attention towards the camera, and the odd reward can help a session go even more smoothly.

For another shoot I worked on location at the beautiful Dorothy Clive Garden at Willoughbridge, North Staffordshire, close to the Shropshire and Cheshire borders.With the help of a model, I captured a variety of stunning images, making full use of the light and the location’s vibrant floral displays.

Preparation is key for any photography session, and I always visit a location in advance of a shoot. I explore the place, keeping an eye out for the best areas to use.

Now, as the summer draws to a close, I’m looking forward to the next few months, with some exciting projects lined up.

I’ve been booked by Impact Boxing in Fenton to capture the action at the Acid Test tournament, taking place in early October at the King’s Hall, in Stoke. I’ve been granted backstage access for the event, so I’ll have some great opportunities to show off my documentary photography skills.

Also in October, I’ll be photographing the wedding of a lovely couple, Joe and Lucy. Their wedding venue is Dunwood Hall, a Grade II listed country house, near Leek, in Staffordshire.

Interestingly, I acquired this booking while shopping for a new car. I got chatting to Joe at the car showroom where he works, and when I mentioned my profession, he told me that he and Lucy didn’t yet have a photographer booked for their wedding.

It goes to show you never know when you’ll meet your next client – maybe I should go car shopping more often?
To find out more about Joanne Humphreys Photography, based in Crewe, Cheshire, call me on 01270 213421 or 07849 173826, or send an email to contact@joannehumphreysphotography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment